The National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) is a community of informal educators and scientists dedicated to supporting learning about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) across the United States. The Network leads and participates in diverse projects that further our mission.
One page summary of projects:
- A quick summary of NISE Network
projects and opportunities (revised May 2019) is available for download
Funding acknowledgements for each project:
Hands-on STEM public engagement activities and professional development resources about Earth and space science.
- 2017 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit
- 2018 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit
- 2019 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit
- Sun, Earth, Universe exhibition
Moon and Beyond project
A STEM educational game that immerses players in scenarios related to lunar science and exploration.
coming in 2020
A research to practice project designed to stimulate interest, sense of relevance, and feelings of self-efficacy about chemistry among public audiences.
Hands-on activities that encourage creativity and reflection about responsible innovation, developed in celebration of the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein.
- Frankenstein200 kit (2018)
Hands-on activities to create conversations about about the emerging field of synthetic biology and societal implications.
Supports museums in their efforts to expand their sustainability programming through content-rich trainings, public engagement materials, and other resources.
The Network's nano project created a wide range of educational and professional development materials about nanoscale science, engineering, and technology.
STEM educational products:
- NanoDays kits (2008-2015)
- Museum & Community Partnerships project and
Explore Science – Zoom into Nano kits (2016)
to encourage partnerships between museums and community organizations
- Whatisnano.org website for public audiences
- Professional development for educators and scientists
- Mini-Grants for partner organizations